The following instructions outline how to setup a Mist network for the Marketing4WiFi Platform. This guide covers details such as configuring RADIUS, walled garden entries, and captive portals. This guide assumes that your Mist equipment is already operational and on a live network. Please make sure any firewall rules, web content filters, and other security measures have been configured to interface with the platform.
1. Login in to the Mist Portal.
2. Click on the Networks icon in the left hand column and click on WLANS.
3. Click on your WLAN SSID.
Please see the screenshot at the bottom of the article for a visual reference for Steps 4 – Step 7.e.
4. Under Security click on Open Access.
5. Under WLAN Status click the Enabled radio button.
6. Under Isolation check the prohibit peer to peer communication.
7. Under Guest Portal make the following changes.
a. Click on the Forward to external portal.
b. In the Portal URL field: You will be provided this.
c. Add the Default Walled Garden entries to the Allowed Host Names field.
Note: Make sure to put commas in between walled garden entries. Additionally, wild cards cannot be used here.
d. The Mist API Secret is automatically generated by Mist and is unique to every WLAN. Please send the API Secret to your service provider.
The Mist Site ID can be found by using your browser. While logged into the mist portal, make sure you have the correct Site selected and look at the URL of the web page.
Create a Mist API Key
Note: If you already have a Mist API key being used by other products, please send us that key. If you create a new key, you will have to update all your existing products.
1. Login to your Mist portal.
2. In your web browser, open a new tab and go to this link : https://api.mist.com/api/v1/self/apitokens
3. Scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the blue Post button.
After you click the Post button the following information will populate in the script section. Please send the Key in to your service provider.
Mist only provides this specific API Key ONCE and you will not be able to recover it. Make sure to document this API Key somewhere. If this API key is lost, you can always create a new one. Please keep in mind that you will need to use the updated key on every node in the Analytics 4 WiFi dashboard.