Description: iOS devices with text message preview disabled have to navigate away from the Captive Network Assistant to view the text message sent as part of SMS verification and lose their connection to the WiFi in the process.
Cause: iOS Captive Network Assistant be default will disassociate from the WiFi signal if the login process is not completed. This is standard behavior for iOS devices.
Example of expected login behavior of iOS devices.
Example of behavior of iOS devices with notifications preview disabled.
Solution: There are two possible solutions.
1)Enable message preview feature
- Select the settings app
- Navigate to setting
- Select the notifications panel
- Click the Show Previews tab.
- At the Show Previews tab, enable the feature.
2)Associate to the WiFi but navigate to a browser to log in
- Tap Settings > Wi-Fi.
- Tap the info icon next to the WiFi’s name, then tap Join Network.
- Tap cancel on the Login screen, a message should display saying that the network is not connected to the Internet. You should be presented three options.
- Use Without Internet
- Use Other Network
- Select Use Without Internet
- Open Opera or another browser and attempt to browse to a website outside the default walled garden. Example: www.espn.com
- Browser should redirect to the splash page, where the guest can complete the login process with SMS verification without being disassociated from the WiFi.