The Smart WiFi Platform can ingest presence data from your compatible hardware through the Analytics 4 WiFi platform or from the hardware directly. This article covers the different configuration options available to enable presence data on your hotspots. This guide assumes your hotspot is already live making connections with hardware that supports presence data.
After your hotspot is posting presence data please see the Presence Campaign Rule Definitions for information on how to configure Presence Marketing Campaigns.
If you use the Analytics 4 WiFi platform you can connect you can connect your hotspots.
- Login to your Analytics 4 WiFi dashboard.
- Go to the desired hotspot’s Edit hotspot page.
- Under the ‘Webhooks’ section, configure to the following. Submit the page once complete.
- Webhook Endpoint: You will be provided this
- API Token: You will be provided this
- API Secret: Leave blank.
- Webhook Status: Enabled
If you use hardware that supports presence data you can configure your hardware directly to your Smart WiFi hotspot.
Step 1: Enable Presence Analytics on the Network Policy
- Login to the Extreme Cloud IQ dashboard and use the navigation bar on top to select Configure > Network Policies.
- Click the Edit Icon next to the Network Policy you would like to enable Presence Analytics on.
- Using the navigation bar for the Network Policy, select the ‘Additional Settings’ tab.
- On the menu list to the left, select Presence Analytics, configure to the following settings and leave the rest at their default values.
- Enable Presence Analytics: ON
- Trap Interval: 15
- Save the policy and upload to the desired access points.
Step 2: Creating an Aerohive Developer App
- Go to https://developer.aerohive.com/ and create an account or sign in.
- After signing in, on the developer account page, click ‘Create new application’.
- Give the application a generic name and description.
- The application page will be displayed once created.
Copy the Client ID.
Step 3: Creating API Token and Management
- Log into the Extreme Cloud IQ dashboard, using the nav bar on the top right to select ‘Global Settings’
- Using the navigation bar on the left, select ‘API Token Management’.
- Click the + icon to generate a new token. Configure to the settings below:
- Client ID: Paste the Client ID collected in step 2.4.
- Expiration Settings: Time from Enrollment- Select 1 year or more if your plan is longer.
- Copy and save the Access Token that is generated, take note to remove the Client ID collected in step 2.4 from the end of the Access Token.
- Using the navigation bar on the left, select ‘API Data Management’.
- Click the + icon to generate a new API. Configure to the settings below:
- Post URL: You will be provided this
- Access Token: Paste the Access Token collected in step 2.8.
- Message Type: Client Centric
- Enable: Checked
Step 4: Submit data to support
To complete the presence configuration of your hotspot, you must provide us with the Aerohive Access Token used in step 3.6. Until we receive the token the hotspot will not post presence data.
- Login to the CN Maestro dashboard.
- Navigate to the AP Group list.
- Edit the desired AP Group.
- Click on Services.
- Click on the plus sign next to Location API.
- Check the Enable box.
- Paste the link to the Server field for your environment:You will receive this
- Make the Interval 300 seconds.
- Click the blue save button and push the update.
- Login to the Meraki portal
- Select the correct network
- Hover over Network-Wide and Click on General
- Scroll down to “Location and scanning”
- Enable Analytics
- Enable Scanning API
- Copy and Save the ‘Validator’ value.
- Post URL: You will receive this
- Secret: You will receive this
- Click the save button in the bottom right.
- Submit the Validator from step 7 to support.
To complete the presence configuration of your hotspot, you must provide us with the Meraki Validator. Until we receive the validator the hotspot will not post presence data.
- Login to your CloudTrax account.
- Choose the network that you want to enable presence reporting on.
- Select the ‘Advanced’ Menu.
- Toggle the ‘Presence Analytics’ button.
- For the ‘Server Location’ field use: You will receive this
- For the key field use: SmartWiFi
- Adjust the ‘Rate’ to send data if desired (60 seconds is default and recommended).
- Click ‘Save Changes’
- Login to the Mist portal, use the navigation bar to the left to select Location > Live View.
- Select the floor plan containing the APs you would like to enable presence data from.
- With the floor plan open, you can collect the MAP ID.
- Looking at the URL of the page, copy the alphanumeric number for the SITE ID as outlined in the example below.
Example: #!cliLocation/View/[MAP ID]/[SITE ID]In the image above the Map ID starts with ‘c4939’ and ends with ‘2b44c’
In the image above the Site ID starts with ’42b8′ and ends with ‘af7e’
- The Site ID will be the same for all Maps.
- If you have APs on multiple maps that you want to enable presence reporting on, repeat steps 2 through 4 recording the MAP ID for the APs on it that you want to add to the Marketing 4 WiFi platform.
- Submit the Mist MAP ID to support.
To complete the presence configuration of your hotspot, you must provide us with the Mist MAP ID. Until we receive the MAP ID the hotspot will not post presence data.
- Login to the Xirrus dashboard.
- Select the desired profile.
- Click ‘Show Advanced’.
- Click the ‘Services’ tab.
Configure with the following settings
- Would you like to send location data to an external service? Yes
- Provide a URL to forward data: You will receive this
- Would you like to enable per-radio data? Yes
- Press ‘Save Configuration’
- Press ‘Push Now’