A VERY powerful feature of the Smart WiFi system is the ability to capture additional information from guests as they login to your WiFi network using the form builder. You can add form elements to your Splash Pages to collect just about any type of information that you’d like, ie: postal codes, survey questions, checkboxes etc etc.
Adding a form to your Splash Page:
1. Open the Splash Page Drag-and-Drop editor and pull-down the element list to find the ‘form builder’ element.
2. Drag the Form Element to the desired area on the Splash Page Note: You can only have 1 form per splash page. If you would like to split up forms then add a new Splash Page and use the Guest Flows to connect the forms.
3. Start building your form by clicking on the type of form field you would like. You have several types of form field types you can add.
4. As you add a new field, be sure to set the field properties BEFORE you Apply the form to the splash page. To apply properties, click the ‘edit’ icon.
Label: This will be displayed to your guest, the name of the box
Help Text: You may use this to further explain context around this question.
Place Holder: Text that will be visible to your guest but is ghost text. Meaning, if they don’t put anything in this box, it will not be recorded in the report.
Default: This is the default text that will appear in the text box, if your guest should leave it blank, this will be recorded in the report. i.e. you may put your postal code.
Max Length: Max characters you’re allowing your guest to input.
Map To: Determine as a whole how many questions you’re going to ask, each question should get it’s own custom box.
5. When the guest fills in the field, the data that is collected will be sent to their Guest Profile. There are 10 available custom fields. You can map the data to a particular field in the Guest Profile and on Guest Report exports. Choose the field that you’d like the data mapped to (associated with) by pulling down the ‘Map to’ selector. By default, each field type will default to a different custom field in case the ‘Map to’ is not selected, data will not be over-written.
6. Once you are done adding the desired fields, click the ‘Apply’ button and the form will be added to your Splash Page where you can format the text type/colors and other attributes.
Where is the custom data?
The custom data will be available is several areas of the dashboard.
1. In each Guest Profile>Custom Data
2. In the Guest Summary Report>Export