Question: The number of visits to my website from my hotspot do not match the number of connections in my dashboard?
Answer: Connections in the dashboard are counted using reports from the configured hardware of sessions that have successfully authenticated. The platform redirects all devices to the configured hotspot redirect URL but cannot validate if a device loads the page. Any performance tracking done on your website will not completely match the insights in the Smart WiFi Platform dashboard. Possible examples for why guest devices may not load the splash page are provided below.
- Android closes the captive network assistant before the landing page loads
- iOS user press done to close captive network assistant before page loads
- Windows user closes the browser before page loads
- Hardware configured to send guests to original URL
- Hardware is not configured to use Smart WiFi landing page URL