The following instructions outline how to setup a Ruckus xClaim network for the Marketing4WiFi Platform. This guide covers details such as configuring RADIUS, walled garden entries, and captive portals. This guide assumes that your xClaim is already operational and on a live network. Please make sure any firewall rules, web content filters, and other security measures have been configured to interface with the platform.
Session bandwidth control will be handled directly from the Xclaim Cloud Manager. Be sure to set bandwidth limits directly in their Cloud control.
- Login to the Xclaim cloud control panel located at: https://cloud.xclaimwireless.com/
- Add a new Access Point
- Enter the AP Information, then click ‘Done’
- Add a new Guest Network
- Enter your desired broadcast SSID and set Enable Hotspot to ‘On’ – then save.
- Add a Hotspot Profile
- Click the ‘Add Hotspot Profile’ button
- Hotspot Profile Information
- Edit the Access Point to associate the Hotspot settings onto it.
For the default Walled Garden entries CLICK HERE and scroll down to the entries using wildcards.
- That should be it! Wait a few minutes for the configuration to update to the access point then connect with your device and you should receive the Splash page associated with the Hotspot.
If Android devices are redirecting to the intended Splash page properly but Apple IOS devices are not redirecting please click HERE.
Disclaimer on hardware configuration guides in the KB:
This equipment has been integrated and tested in our labs with the Marketing4WiFi using the firmware versions below.
xClaim Version 1.6.0(1)
LIMITED HARDWARE SUPPORT: Hardware manufacturers frequently make changes to firmware, controllers and GUI’s. The information below may be out of date or images may be different and is to be used as a general reference guide. We do offer additional limited support to help with trouble-shooting and we highly recommend that you have a hardware support agreement and/or access to a hardware support engineering representative from the manufacturer.